I can’t help but think of some of my favorite books from childhood, Cranberry Thanksgiving, Cranberry Christmas, and even Cranberry Halloween written and illustrated by Harry Devlin. I remember walking to the library with my Grandma, who was a 3rd grade teacher, and checking out as many books as my tote or hers could carry. The Cranberry books were especially great because at the end of the story there was a recipe, with cranberries. Yum!
My favorite recipe was in the Halloween book and was some sort of a ‘pie’. It involves a lot of butter, sugar and flour. So, I don’t think I’ll be making it anytime soon. This oatmeal, though, is really tasty with the sweet apples and fresh tart cranberries. It also will make your house smell amazing! Enjoy!
Apple Pie Cranberry Oatmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 apple (I used a honey crisp), chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 4 cup pyrex bowl with coconut oil.
- First add in oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir it up.
- Next add the apple, cranberries, vanilla, maple syrup, and almond milk – mix well.
- Bake at 380F for 40 minutes.
We’re on day 4, of tasty baked oatmeal recipes. Have you made one yet?
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Two Types of Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
Sweet Curry Baked Oatmeal
What is your typical breakfast? Green smoothies. Love them!
Chocolate Espresso Chia Pudding
Feed Your Skull a Snack | Tahini Molasses Dip for Fruit or Vegetables
Strawberry Rhubarb Cardamom Crumble
Feed Your Skull a Snack | Mango and Spiced Apples with Homemade Almond Butter